Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

NARS vs Sonia Kashuk dupe

Hi Angels,

I hope you enjoyed your holiday.  I have to say my head is spinning from all these sales.  It's a little overwhelming. LOL. In an effort to focus I decided to try and find the HG Olivia Pope lipcolor for my skintone.  It's this berry/brown/pink that looks like your lips but better.  I went to Sephora and bought NARS' Bahama Velvet Matte lip pencil.  It's a creamy pencil that applies smoothly and in my favorite finish.  

I went to Target the next day and was browsing through the Sonia Kashuk line. I  found a dupe for NARS' Bahama.  It's Sonia Kashuk's Velvety matte crayon in Mulberry.  
Here are my two pencils together:

Isn't that crazy? Let's look at the swatches .

The NARS pencil is on top and the Sonia Kashuk pencil is on the bottom. There is very little difference in color and they wear the same.
 
The next picture is of the actual pencils.

Our last pic will be of myself wearing both pencils.
The NARS pencil is on the left and The Sonia Kashuk is on the right.  As you can see they look the same.  The NARS pencil lasts a little longer but I think that can be overlooked considering the price. The NARS pencil is $25 at sephora and department stores. The Sonia Kashuk pencil is $7.59 at Target. I will definitely be on the lookout for more colors.  

So what do we think Angels? Is this not a great steal? Do you have any of these pencils?  Let us know what you think.  

Until next time Angels
Happy Haulin'


.

No comments:

Post a Comment