Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What to Wear for the Holidays - The Thanksgiving Edition

Hello Angels!!

I know it is always a challenge to figure out what to wear around the holidays.  You want to look fabulous since you will most likely be reuniting with friends and family, but want to achieve this without breaking the bank!  All of the above applies for me, plus I was on the lookout for something comfortable, with some give, so that I don't feel self conscious about what I will be eating all day.  Sequined track pants to the rescue!  They are a fun way to add some sparkle, while remaining very comfortable, and that is my main goal.  I was inspired by some luxe options by J. Crew and Anthropologie, but I opted to find the look for less so I could spread the love for my holiday gift list.  

Here is my look for Thanksgiving tomorrow, keep scrolling down for the play by play, and where to find everything.  Happy shopping and a very Happy Thanksgiving to our US readers!  Stay tuned for more looks throughout the holiday season!

The complete look

 
The complete look (alternate view)

The clothes

The main piece, sequined track pants by Wayf ($68 at Nordstrom)


My top is a simple black tee with embellished shoulders from Express, which is now on sale for $14.95!  Since my pants are very flashy, I wanted to tone everything else down.


I will be wearing black suede Zipfel pumps from Aldo $70



And of course, since it's going to be cold, I needed a jacket, also from Express. This is a quilted baseball jacket on sale for $39.95



I decided to go with a faux leather envelope clutch from Nordstrom $35


And last but not least, my splurge for this outfit is a black and gold lucite bracelet by Alexis Bittar, also from Nordstrom $99



For my inspiration, I spotted these pants at Anthropologie for $348 and these J. Crew Harem Sequined pants for $650. I was able to achieve the entire look for around $325, and I already owned most of the pieces!  

Anthropologie sequined taper pants $348
 

J. Crew Harem Sequined pants $650 (yes, that's right six-hundred-fifty-dollars)
 

Wishing you a Happy and Stylish Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment